Nick Carter and his wife Lauren have unfortunately lost their second child.
The Backstreet Boys member expressed his devastation on Twitter in a string of emotional tweets posted Monday (September 10) informing his followers of the crushing news. "God give us peace during this time. I really was looking forward to meeting her after 3 months," the 38-year-old performer wrote. "I'm heart broken."
The depressing announcement came hours before Nick, who is currently on a solo jaunt in South America, was programmed to perform in Lima, Peru. Even more, it's the first time Nick announced he and his wife were expecting another child.
In acknowledgment, the "Larger Than Life" singer received an abundance of support and sympathies from his cherished following.
"Omg nick, i cant even imagine what your family is going through. im so sorry to hear this. im heartbroken for you and lauren," a user named Tracy Sharpe tweeted the star, to which he responded, "It was a little sister for Odin…"
Nick and Lauren had a home-birth for their first child, a son named Odin Reign Carter, in April 2016.
In light of the news of his wife's miscarriage, Nick nearly decided against performing last night's show but relented for the sake of his fans. "This will be hard, but for the love of my fans here in Lima I’ll be on the stage tonight," he said.
Nick, who wed Lauren in 2014, spoke previously of the troubles they experienced with their first pregnancy on Dancing with the Stars back in 2015.
“It’s been rocky, to be quite honest with you. There have been times when we thought it wouldn’t happen,” the Grammy-nominated musician told viewers in a pre-taped video for the show. “It was really hard on Nick,” Lauren added tearfully, “Just watching him get so excited about something, and then see him so hurt. That was hard.”
Photo: Getty Images