From FC Cincinnati.....
CINCINNATI – Despite a second-half goal from Emmanuel Ledesma, goals from Lucas Rodriguez, Wayne Rooney and Paul Arriola powered D.C. United to a 4-1 away win over FC Cincinnati at Nippert Stadium on Thursday night.
FC Cincinnati (5-14-2, 17 pts.) conceded three goals within a 14-minute span as D.C. United (9-5-8, 35 pts.) climbed to second place in the Eastern Conference.
Emmanuel Ledesma recorded his second goal of 2019 and his first via a penalty kick. In addition, Frankie Amaya and Roland Lamah returned to action for the Orange and Blue after missing time with injuries.
FC Cincinnati’s next game will come on Sunday, July 21 when the club hosts the New England Revolution
From FC Cincinnati.....
- With today’s loss, the Orange and Blue fall to 5-14-2 through 21 MLS matches … in addition, FC Cincinnati fall to 3-5-1 in home contests … FC Cincinnati’s all-time, all-competition record against D.C. United sits at 0-1-0 … Cincinnati is now 3-7-1 against Eastern Conference opponents
- Emmanuel Ledesma recorded his first home MLS goal in tonight’s match … The midfielder has now registered two goals and two assists in FC Cincinnati’s last four matches … the goal was FCC’s second goal via a penalty kick … Darren Mattocks tallied from the penalty spot against Sporting Kansas City on April 7
- Tonight’s match marked the first time FC Cincinnati dropped points in the month of July … coming into tonight’s contest, the Orange and Blue were a perfect 2-0-0 through two matches
- FC Cincinnati have now scored goals in four consecutive matches, tying the club’s record of consecutive matches with a goal … the Orange and Blue recorded goals in each of the first four matches of the season
- Roland Lamah made his first appearance for the Orange and Blue since suffering a hamstring injury against New York City FC on June 6 … tonight’s contest was the first time Lamah was available for selection since that match … the winger replaced Ledesma in the 65th minute of the match
- Leonardo Bertone picked up his seventh yellow card of the season in tonight’s match … with his next yellow card, the midfielder will receive a one-match suspension for yellow card accumulation
- Interim Head Coach Yoann Damet made one change to the starting lineup from FC Cincinnati’s most recent match against Houston Dynamo on July 6 …Frankie Amaya shifted into the starting lineup, while Caleb Stank was dropped … tonight’s lineup is FC Cincinnati’s 21st unique lineup of the season … the only two instances FCC have had the same starting XI was on March 10 and March 17
- Fatai Alashe (hamstring) and Greg Garza (calf) were unavailable for selection because of injury
FC Cincinnati Interim Head Coach Yoann Damet
On tonight’s match
“(It was) a game that I think we controlled. In the first half, a lot of possession, unfortunately not enough opportunities created. We got punished at the end of the first half, a bit complacent defensively. In (the) second half, come back in the game on a PK before starting to give up a little bit of space, a little bit of time on the ball and we conceded three in the second half. So, difficult and disappointing for the group, because I think everybody thought we could have gotten the result.”